Third Party Fundraising
THIRD PARTY FUNDRAISER AGREEMENT
Thank you for your interest in helping the Pride Center of Western New York. Our volunteers and community members have many great fundraising ideas to benefit our organization and the community we serve. Most fundraising events proposed that are not already included in the annual Fundraising Plan must be third party events due to limited staff availability.
WHAT IS A THIRD PARTY EVENT?
A third party event is any fundraising activity by a non-affiliated group or individual where the Pride Center of WNY has no fiduciary responsibility and little or no staff involvement.
We actively encourage third party fundraising events. All such events must be approved by the Pride Center of WNY in advance. Each proposal is carefully reviewed and evaluated for feasibility and suitability with our organization’s goals and objectives. This is an important safeguard to preserving the integrity of the Pride Center of WNY and our commitment to raise the funds necessary to fulfill our mission in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
While we may be able to provide guidance for your event, we do not have the personnel to handle administrative tasks of third party events. The staff at the Pride Center of WNY may provide:
- Already published materials, such as flyers, photos, newsletters and logo
- Promotion through the Pride Center of WNY website, as well as our social media platforms
- Materials such as brochures about programs and services
- Attendance and support at the event (pending staff/volunteer availability)
THIRD PARTY EVENT GUIDELINES
- Organizers must complete and sign Third Party Agreement (to be distributed once proposal form is approved).
- Third party events must be in line with our mission.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit the Pride Center of WNY.
- The use of our logo and name on any promotional materials (e.g., press releases, fliers, invitations, websites, letters, etc.) must be reviewed and approved by a staff member to verify accuracy.
- The Pride Center of WNY must receive a list of targeted sponsors for the event before they are approached to minimize any overlap with other Pride Center of WNY events and/or fundraising campaigns that may be underway. To protect our donors’ privacy, the Pride Center of WNY will not provide donor or sponsor lists, nor will we solicit sponsorship revenue for third party fundraising events.
- Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits and liability waivers especially those for raffles and/or sporting-type events. Event organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event.
- The Pride Center of WNY is not financially liable for the promotion, planning or execution of third party events. Any promotion of the event must avoid statement or appearance of the Pride Center of WNY endorsing any product, firm, organization, individual or service.
- In order to fulfill our own accounting requirements, we request that you provide us the event proceeds within 30 days after the conclusion of the special event/fundraiser.
After you have reviewed the above guidelines, please complete our online form designed to provide more information about the type of fundraiser/event you are interested in planning. Please submit the completed form prior to any planning of the event. Once the application has been submitted, we will review it and notify you of any questions/concerns/approval. Thank you again for your support of the Pride Center of WNY!