Logo Usage Policy
Pride Center of Western New York, Inc. Logo Usage Policy
This policy provides our requirements regarding use of the Pride Center of Western New York, Inc. (PCWNY) logos, trademarks, slogans, and/or other brand features.
As the need to address future branding concerns arises, we may cancel, modify, or change the terms of this policy from time to time without notice to you. You, as a Logo user (“you”), are responsible for complying with any modified terms, so please review this policy and become familiar with any modifications we publish.
Your use of any Logo implies acceptance of, and agreement with, the terms of this policy. If you do not accept and agree to follow the rules for using the Logos as set out in this policy, you do not have the right to use the Logos and should not use them. Any use of the Logos that does not comply with this policy is not authorized. If you violate the rules set out in this policy, you must cease all use of all Logos, regardless of the uses otherwise allowed in this policy. In addition, PCWNY reserves the right to revoke its approval of your use of the Logos at any time, unless otherwise agreed in writing with you.
Permission is granted to you to use the Logos only on the following conditions:
Rules for Using the Logos
You must comply with all of the following rules when using a Logo:
- Logos may only be used in marketing or other publicity materials for the benefit of PCWNY, in the United States, with the permission of PCWNY.
- Logos may not be used in any confusing way.
- No Logo may be used in any way that suggests that PCWNY is affiliated with, sponsors, approves or endorses you, your organization, your websites, your products or your services, unless such a relationship exists.
- No Logo may be used in any way that mischaracterizes any relationship between you and PCWNY.
- Vendors may not use the Logos to advertise PCWNY as a clients on vendor websites and promotional pieces without our written permission.
- All PCWNY Logos are distinctive, designed pieces of graphic artwork. The following usage guidelines must be followed:
- Do not modify or alter the Logos
- Do not change scale, skew or rotate any Logo
- Do not change the design of any Logo
- Do not change or vary the colors of any Logo, except that the Logos may be all black or can be reversed out in white.
- Avoid screening Logos to less than 100%
- Do not shrink any Logo to less than 1” in height
- The bottom portion - “Center of Western New York” must not be separated from the PCWNY Logo.
- Do not combine a Logo with any other design, trademark, graphic, text or other element, including your name, any trademarks or any generic terms.
- No other design, trademark, text, graphic or other element may be placed closer to a Logo than the height of the tallest letter in the Logo, such as the letter "d" in pride.
- No artistic effects (such as drop shadows) may be applied the logo.
- Do not modify or alter the Logos
- No Logo may be used or displayed in any of the following ways:
- in any manner that, in the sole discretion of PCWNY, discredits PCWNY or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill;
- in any manner that infringes, dilutes, depreciates the value, or impairs the rights of PCWNY in the Logos;
- in any manner that is false or misleading;
- in connection with any pornography, illegal activities, or other materials that are defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- in any manner that violates any law, regulations, or other public policy; or
- as part of a name of a product or service of a company other than PCWNY
- You acknowledge that PCWNY is the sole and exclusive owner of the Logos, including all applicable intellectual property rights, and any goodwill generated from using any Logos inures to the benefit of PCWNY. You may not assert rights to any Logo whether by trademark registration, domain name registration or anything else.
- You must, upon request from PCWNY, provide samples of any materials that include the Logos for purposes of determining compliance with this policy.
- You must make any changes to your use of the Logos that are requested by PCWNY for policy compliance. Your failure to comply with any of the terms, restrictions, conditions, or limitations in this policy will result in automatic termination of your limited right to use the Logos, unless PCWNY requests changes and you promptly comply with such requests, or unless otherwise provided in a written agreement between you and PCWNY. This remedy is in addition to any other legal remedies to which PCWNY may be entitled in relation to your use of the Logos.
- You must immediately stop using the applicable Logo if PCWNY notifies you that the Logo has become outdated for any reason including, but not limited to, loss of a trademark or any allegation that a Logo is in violation of the rights of any third party.
- Business partners who have agreements with PCWNY must comply with the terms of their agreement in addition to this policy.
If you would like to make any use of our Logos that is not covered by this policy, or for further information or clarification about use of the Logos, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org